Last Updated: 25 May 2018
The Face Radio (“we”, “our”, or “us”) is an internet-based radio station and media website based out of Brooklyn NY, USA.
How we obtain personal data
When you visit our website, we collect and receive personal data. Personal data means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us when you join our mailing list, utilize our contact form, or make/attempt to make a donation. In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website.
Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit certain websites. Cookies hold information that may be accessible by the party that places the cookie, which is either the website itself (first-party cookie) or a third party (third-party cookies).
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our audience engages the website, we use use the web analytics service Google Analytics. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and time the page was viewed) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States or any other country in which Google maintains facilities. We use Google’s IP Anonymization so your IP address will be masked by setting the last octet of your IP address to zero before it is stored by Google. Google will use this information to monitor your use of our website, and to compile reports on website activity for us.
- To process donations using Stripe
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, phone number, birthday);
- Payment information (such as credit card information);
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage);
- Any other information that you have provided us (the comments you leave and whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page to improve and optimize our website;
- To analyze our newsletters, such as your preferred email format, frequency of access to our campaigns, your general geographic region, and information related to when and how you signed up for our newsletter;
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, or to send you our newsletter to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- To process a donation and screen our donations for potential risk or fraud;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
We process your data in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make a financial transaction), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. We also collect information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our email campaigns)
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Service providers;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
Third party service providers
The personal data we collect and share enables us to utilize the following companies who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how you use the website.
- To understand how Google Analytics uses your personal data, or to remove yourself from their tracking services, please visit this link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- We use MailChimp as our email newsletter service.
- To understand how how MailChimp uses your personal data, please visit this link: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- You can opt-out of our newsletter at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the email, by accessing your MailChimp preferences, or emailing us directly at the contact below.
- We process donations with Stripe.
- To understand how how Stripe uses your personal data, please visit this link: https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
- We use the Facebook SDK to allow communication between comments and shared posts made by you (as a logged-on Facebook user) while on our website to Facebook. Facebook does not provide us information about you or your personal data.
- To understand how Facebook uses your personal data, please visit this link: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- We use a Spotify widget to embed playlist and a invite you to follow us on Spotify. If you are a logged in user of Spotify, these widgets will recognize you. Spotify does not provide us information about you or your personal data.
Data transfers outside the EEA
When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, including to the United States, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected. All of our third party providers mentioned above, and our hosting, comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–US Privacy Shield Framework (the “Privacy Shield”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to the United States.
How we protect personal data
We do not store your personal data or email communications on our servers. The third party services we utilize host, store, and maintain your personal data. We do not transfer personal data outside these services. Due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal data stored by third parties is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law.
- Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for our records until you ask us to delete this personal data or until we cease operations;
- When you place a financial transaction through the website, we retain your personal data for seven years from the date of tax filing in compliance with United States tax requirements. After that time your personal data will be deleted;
- We store personal data from Google Analytics for 26 months from the date of your latest visit to the website.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, access to personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or deleted;
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
How to contact us
- The Face Radio
- Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
- 96 2nd Place #2
- Brooklyn New York US 11231-4120